Barbie has been a fashion icon longer than almost any living model or fashionista. Yet, she never gets old. If only we could all be so lucky. With her endless style, devoted Ken, perfect proportions, and ageless beauty, it’s no wonder that young girls have wanted to dress like Barbie for more than fifty years.
Barbie brings something entirely new to the concept of unrealistic beauty. We all know that celebrities and actresses on the red carpet have a whole team of experts working on them to make them beautiful. They spend hours in the spa and weeks pouring over outfit possibilities with stylists and consultants. Needless to say, an appearance on the red carpet is the beautiful result of countless hours, dollars, and hardworking people.
Barbie on the other hand is a whole new brand of unrealistic beauty in that, well, she’s plastic. But that hasn’t stopped young girls from striving to look and dress just like her. The great thing about Barbie is that we get to see her even when she’s not wearing a ball gown. We get to see Barbie when she’s bumming on the beach, treating animals, roaming through the safari, making ice cream, and working at the hospital, just to name a few.
With that said, it’s pretty easy to dress like Barbie. Almost anything you put on could technically be classified and Barbie-wear. To date, there are few things that Barbie hasn’t done and few outfits that Barbie hasn’t worn. Barbie is the ultimate fashion icon because she looks great no matter what she wears. To dress like Barbie, keep these things in mind.
• Barbie even turns the basic t-shirt into something special. In fact, Barbie can be seen wearing a fabulous t-shirt almost as often as she can be seen wearing an evening gown or a pair of high heels. With that, any Barbie inspired wardrobe simply must include a multitude of t-shirts in many different colors that can be mixed and matched at will. Make sure the T-shirts are fitted and show off your assets.
• Keep on hand a multitude of skirts and dresses of differing styles and lengths. Barbie always has the perfect look for everything. She is also not afraid of style and will wear anything.
• Make sure to choose tailored pants. Barbie always shows off her great legs by wearing pants that accentuate and hug them.
• Short shorts and crop tops must definitely be in your wardrobe as Barbie loves to bare a little skin, I mean plastic.
• High heels are an absolute must. Barbie wears heels with practically everything, so get lots of shoes in lots of colors.
• Remember to accessorize. Necklaces, belts, purses, hats and scarves all help to pull together a Barbie-like outfit.
To complete your Barbie look, grow your hair very long. Keep your hair in good condition so it always looks shiny and touchable. You must also stay in shape. While it’s easy for Barbie because of her plastic-ness, for people it is important to work hard to maintain that hourglass look. If not the sands will quickly shift and your shape will not be the same.
Start investing your Barbie wardrobe today and be ready for whatever comes your way.