There is nothing more exciting for the entire family than when the carnival comes to town. Carnivals are filled with riders, games, attractions, and fun. While there is no certain dress code to attend a carnival wearing the proper attire will have you enjoy your trip to the carnival that much more.
Here are some different ways in which you can dress to attend your next carnival:
• Tops: The whole idea behind going to a carnival is to have fun and forget about the stresses of everyday life. When you choose a shirt to wear it should be a fun shirt that you really enjoy wearing. Of course if the weather is warm then you will want to go with a nice t-shirt and if the weather is cold then a long sleeved t-shirt will do just fine. Since carnivals are primarily outdoors it is a good idea to wear shirts that are made of a breathable fabric such as cotton.
• Pants: Again, anything goes and you have to have fun with it. If it is cool out and you feel like wearing jeans then by all means do so. Cargo pants are also a great option as the extra pockets can come in handy for holding your wallet or other personal effects and can also hold any tickets that you may get. If it is too hot for pants then a nice pair of cargo short for the guys will do the trick and the girls can wear a nice pair of capri pants.
• Hats: Hats are not a good idea to wear to the carnival if you plan on riding any rides. Many of the rides at the carnival will take you on some high rates of speeds and if you are wearing a hat it can quickly be gone for good. If you do wear a hat, be sure to hold on to it in your lap while riding the rides.
• Shoes: This is probably the most important piece of apparel that you will wear. A carnival requires you to walk around all over the place and knowing that you should be sure that you are wearing the most comfortable shoes you own. A good pair of lace up sneakers usually does nicely and you should avoid wearing slip on shoes or flip-flops as they will not only be uncomfortable but they can also get lost easily on the faster ride.
• Sun glasses: this is often overlooked, but if the carnival is a daytime one then you will be squinting all day long if you do not have a good pair of sunglasses with proper UV protection.
• Purses: Bringing a purse to a carnival is just asking for trouble. Instead go with a fanny pack. Yes they may look a bit goofy, but they are a great alternative to lugging around a purse and will still allow you to ride on all of the rides without having to worry about losing all of your personal effects.
Now all you need to do is walk around and enjoy the show by taking in some attritions, rides, and good old fashioned family fun.