It used to be that you only saw people wearing black at times of sorrow like at a funeral. While this tradition still holds true, black is now seen on a daily basis and why wouldn’t it be? Black is perhaps the most versatile color you can have in your wardrobe. Everything goes with black and there is really no occasion that black doesn’t fit into. Now this isn’t to say that you should dress in all black all the time, but having a healthy sprinkling of black on an almost daily basis is a recipe for good looking.
There are many reasons to wear black besides the fact that you are attending a funeral, here are just a few:
• Black is sexy: More and more in Hollywood you see the starlets of the Silver Screen wearing long and flowing black gowns on the red carpet and sexy black skirts on the streets. You too can mimic this look as there is nothing more gorgeous than a nice form fitting dress or skirt that is black.
• Black is bad: Want to increase your bad factor, wear some black. Picture a guy with jeans and a t-shirt, nothing wrong with that right? Now picture that same guy with the same pair of jeans and the same t-shirt only he is also wearing a black leather jacket….bad to the bone huh?
• Black rocks: This is a no brainer here. If you want to look rocker there is absolutely no better way than to get a great looking pair of black leather pants and top it off with whatever kind of shirt you want. Black leather pants have been and probably always will be a true symbol of those who rock.
• Black is easy: As eluded too earlier, what color doesn’t go with black? A great looking pair of black pants can easily be paired with any number of shirts in your wardrobe. Black is the easiest color to match because there is nothing that won’t go good with it.
• Black is forgiving: While there are other easy colors to wear, like white, black is very forgiving in a world where we all rush around. Black hides your mistakes like a drop or two of coffee from your morning comute…try getting that out of white.
• Black makes a statement: If you want to call attention to yourself there is no better color than black. Sure you could use hot pink or candy apple red, but this will tend to come off as you trying too hard. When you enter a room wearing something that is stunning and black, people will notice but because black is not a ‘loud’ color no one but you will know you where actually looking for that attention.
Black is the most versatile, most well rounded, and by far the easiest color that ever was. No matter where you go or what you do, you can always be sure that you will look your best so long as you let black be part of your fashion equation.
The part black clothing plays in contemporary fashion is massive, not to be understated, it shows a sophistication some fashion followers find difficult to pull off.