From fashionistas to regular Joes, everyone is trying to look slim and trim these days. Forget months of exercise, crazy celebrity fad diets and mail-order food — wearing the right clothes is a simple and painless way to appear slimmer and put together in just a matter of minutes. Choosing the right pair of jeans can go a long way toward reaching that goal. When those jeans are black, you’re on your way to looking not just great, but amazing!
Since wearing black will automatically shave 10 pounds off your figure, finding a great pair of black jeans is a no-brainer. They are one of those wonderful wardrobe staples that can take you from frumpy to fabulous in five minutes flat. On the other hand, the wrong jean choice will draw attention to every body flaw you have (and maybe even some you don’t), leaving you contemplating a night at home in front of the TV instead of a night out on the town. So add a truly awesome pair of black jeans to your wardrobe today! Here a few tips for what to wear with black jeans and how to make the most of this classic style.
• Experiment with different cuts and styles of black jeans to find the one that works best for your body type. Skinny jeans are very hot, but they have to fit properly to avoid creating a fashion faux pas. A pair of tailored, bootcut jeans can add instant length to a shorter frame. Cropped jeans are very versatile and fun, while wide-leg styles can also look stylish.
• Pair black jeans with bright, vibrant tops in colors such as turquoise, coral, red and sapphire blue. The dark bottoms with act as a backdrop for the colors on top and really make them pop.
• Tuck your skinny black jeans into tall black knee boots. Not only will the black be slimming, the extra height of the boots will lengthen your silhouette even more and make you appear incredibly glam. Wearing high heels will have a similar effect.
• Wear a sundress, sweater dress or long tunic over skinny black jeans. They are the perfect alternative to tights.
• Go all-black in black jeans, a fitted black sweater and black boots or shoes. To pull off this chic look, pay attention to the shades of black you choose. All blacks are not created equal, and a darker shade of black can make a lighter shade appear old and faded.
• Make your look really pop by wearing shoes and colorful accessories with your black jeans. Try red pumps or flats, or a chunky fuschia necklace and bracelet combo.
• Metallics always look glamorous when paired with black. Wear strappy metallic sandals (low or high heeled) with your black jeans, or try metallic flats. A metallic belt is also a fun option. Layer on your favorite gold and silver jewelry pieces to stand out from the crowd.
• Avoid black jeans that are too low-cut. A bulge of flesh escaping from the top of your black jeans will do nothing for your sophisticated look.