1. Wearing a dirty or stained t-shirt
No one wants to see a dirty t-shirt. It doesn’t matter how casual the gathering is. It doesn’t matter what the activity is. No one wants to see it. There are plenty of ways to take care of a t-shirt and to remove any stain imaginable, so there’s no excuse for wearing a shirt with stains.
Stain Specific Solutions:
2. Inappropriate shirt tuck
If you’re at a formal occasion, or a very dressy one, it is possible to look great in a t-shirt that has been dressed up with the right clothes and accessories. What isn’t appropriate is having your t-shirt hanging out untucked. Even worse is a half tuck that looks like only half an effort has been made. Both looks are sloppy for many occasions. If you’re going to go somewhere nice and you’re going to wear a t-shirt- make the effort to keep it tucked in.
- Does tucking bring out your muffin top?
- How to tuck in your t-shirt
- To tuck, or not to tuck your shirt
3. Stretched neck
There are ways to keep your t-shirt neck from getting too stretched. If you have a lot of t-shirts with stretched necks, you are either putting too much force on it when you get dressed or you are buying a size that is too small. Once the neck gets stretched out on a t-shirt, it’s time to replace it with a new one.
4. Wrinkled T-Shirts
Wrinkled t-shirts are preventable but if they do get wrinkled its an easy fix. var iety of methods to get the wrinkles out.
- Remove Wrinkles Without Ironing
- How to pack t-shirts without wrinkling them
- Is my t-shirt too wrinkled to wear?
- How to store your t-shirts
5. Frayed Edges or Holes in your t-shirt
Small holes, or holes that are on the seam, can be fixed easily with just a few stitches. If you don’t have the coordination to use a needle and thread, you can try an alteration shop. Fixing a small hole is very inexpensive. Or, simply replace the t-shirt. It is not acceptable to have holes in a t-shirt that is to be work in public.
6. Wearing a t-shirt in an inappropriate location
There are times, such as a formal church service or a wedding, in which a t-shirt isn’t generally appropriate. If you can dress up your t-shirt, however, people may not realize that you’re wearing a t-shirt at all. If you’re going to wear a t-shirt to a location that isn’t appropriate, pair it with dressier clothes and make sure it’s in perfect condition.
- 10 Worst Places to Wear a T-Shirt
- 10 Best Places to Wear a T-Shirt
- When are t-shirts appropriate?
- Is it okay to wear t-shirts to church
- T-Shirt Taboos
- T-Shirts at Work
7. Not wearing the correct color t-shirt to match your pants
Nothing looks worse than an outfit that clashes. Literally. It’s hard on the eyes, it irritates people and it’s just a fashion mess. Make sure that your t-shirt color coordinates with your pants color. If you don’t have an idea about what will look good with your t-shirt, err on the side of caution and wear it with jeans. They look good with any t-shirt color.
- Do all color t-shirts go with Blue Jeans
- How to match t-shirt and pants
- Does My T-Shirt Match?
- Match Yellow T-Shirt
- Match Black T-Shirt
- Match Pink T-Shirt
- Match Red T-Shirt
- Match Orange T-Shirt
- Match Green T-Shirt
- Match Blue T-Shirt
- Match Purple T-Shirt
8. Showing/not showing undershirt t-shirt under another piece of clothing
Whether your undershirt shows or not is a personal preference, but there are many places in which it is not considered appropriate. In an office that requires business attire, make sure to keep it out of sight. In a more casual environment, keeping an over-shirt buttoned up tight may make you look uptight and unfriendly. Think about the environment you are in before you decide to show or not show your undershirt.
- Why do people wear undershirts?
- Undershirt Fashion
- Wearing a T-Shirt under a basketball jersey
- Wearing a t-shirt under a polo
- Wearing a t-shirt with a blazer
- Layering clothes
- How to avoid showing sweat with undershirts
9. Wearing a smelly t-shirt
No one appreciates someone who smells. There are many inexpensive ways to get a bad odor out of a t-shirt and it’s respectful to others to try those methods before going out in public. Think about the people around you and how you’d feel if someone near you had an offensive odor.
10. Wearing a t-shirt that is not the correct size
At work, wearing a t-shirt that is too tight may get you into trouble. When you’re visiting family, it’s just inappropriate. When you’re out with friends, wearing a t-shirt that is too big and doesn’t show off the basic line of your physique may mean that you don’t get the same attention that your friends will. Make sure that your t-shirt size is appropriate to the occasion and to the company you are keeping.