While most people are afraid of white jeans (think ketchup dripping off a burger at that summer barbeque or a Starbuck’s cappuccino that attacks you in the car), this look adds infinite possibilities to your wardrobe. Nothing says spring and summer better than a great pair of white jeans paired with a breezy top. And when you pair white jeans with the right top, shoes and stylish accessories, you can even slip them on year-round.
If you enjoy wearing denim, adding white jeans to your wardrobe is an absolute must. Any outfit will look fresh and contemporary anchored by them, which is the look you’re going for in summer wear. Don’t believe the myth that you have to be super skinny to wear white jeans either. As with any pair of jeans, the factors that will determine how you look are fit and fabric. Find a pair that fits you correctly, and you’ve added tons of versatility to your wardrobe.
Seven for All Mankind’s Ginger jean is a sophisticated pair that hugs in the right places and loosens at the leg, making it a good choice for both thin and curvy silhouettes.
AG Adriano Goldschmied Stilt Cigarette Leg Jeans are another white jean style with great versatility. The lean look balances out longer tops, and flat shoes won’t get lost underneath its narrow leg openings.
Here are few ideas for items you can pair with a great pair of white jeans to create head-turning looks.
• A flowing, Bohemian-style top is the perfect compliment to white jeans. Add sandals for a modern summer look that can easily go from casual to evening.
• Like the Bohemian shirt, tunics are also great to wear with white jeans. A long, loose tunic will cover the butt and help the legs look longer and leaner. Balance the longer layers with a long necklace or a few strands of beads.
• For a stunning monochromatic look, pair a white t-shirt with white jeans. Metallic accessories and shoes will really stand out against this look.
• With black and white gaining popularity again, wear white jeans paired with a black sweater and black shoes. This look can easily be dressed down for out-and-about wear, and strappy heels with take the look into the evening.
• Pair a simple tee or tank with a linen blazer and white jeans for a classic summery look.
• For a leaner look, don’t wear a belt with white jeans. A belt that’s any color other than white will divide your body horizontally and make you appear shorter.
Finally, before you leave the house, check your butt to make sure there aren’t panty lines or shadows to mar your look from behind. Denim is a heavy fabric, but the wrong pair of undies can wreak havoc with a lighter weight pair. Stick with white undergarments when you’re sporting white jeans. You might also consider buying jeans with a lining, although these are less common than those without.